In 1909, the little town of Linthicum was changing from a group of family farms into a planned community with commercial businesses. A group of citizens formed the Linthicum Heights Fire and Improvement Association. Funds from sponsored social activities supported the purchase of a red, two-wheeled hand-drawn fire vehicle which consisted of a sixty gallon chemical tank and hose, a ladder, buckets and axes.   The relatively primitive fire apparatus was housed on the ground floor of the “Town Hall” (above) located near the northwest corner of Maple and Camp Meade Road and was the only fire protection in the...

Read more

.template-article .rte { font-size: 21px; }